Egg Avocado Toast
During the week, I usually don’t have time for anything more than a bowl of cereal in the morning. But, like this morning, I beat my alarm clock by 5 minutes and was able to whip up one of my favorite breakfast treats: Egg Avocado Toast! It requires only a handful of ingredients and fills me up until lunchtime. Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients and Total Cost - Serves 1
- 1 egg - $0.08
- 1/2 tsp of salt - 0.02
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper - 0.07
- 1 slice of bread of your choice - 0.07
- 1/4 of avocado - 0.15
- 1/4 cup of shredded mild cheddar - 0.33
- Total Cost per Serving = $0.72
1. Heat skillet over medium-low and grease with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the egg, salt, and pepper until all ingredients are combined.
3. Place slice of bread into toaster at medium-high setting (for my toaster, this is about a 4).
3. Pour egg mixture into skillet and continuously scramble. Once the egg has set, add cheese and incorporate all ingredients.
4. Once your bread has been toasted, spread your avocado across the toast in a thin layer.
5. When your egg and cheese are combined, set the egg on the avocado toast!